The powersports market is booming and now exceeds more than $10 Billion in sales globally every year. This is great news for the industry’s key player manufacturers, but this also means the product cycle must continually evolve. New UTVs and SxS vehicles must constantly be refreshed and made better to guard their appeal. How does a company such as Polaris, which owns most of the market share, get more improved products into the hands of enthusiasts? One proven strategy for Polaris is to partner up with other industry-leading icons to create limited-run special-edition models.
Last year Polaris and Troy Lee Designs collaborated on the General XP platform with only 700 units being produced. They teamed up again this year and just revealed their new project. Polaris just debuted the Troy Lee Designs Limited Edition RZR Pro R in both the 2-seat and 4-seat platforms. They also included a kid-friendly RZR 200 EFI with the same spirited and vibrant TLD-themed livery and a suite of other upgraded features.
“We’re thrilled to continue our partnership with Troy Lee Designs,” said Reid Wilson, Vice President, of Polaris Off Road Recreation. “These two limited edition RZRs powerfully demonstrate our shared passion for off-roading. Beyond that our commitment to premium style, performance, and safety is unwavering. This year, we selected the RZR Pro R and RZR 200 models for the simple fact that they are at the top of their class; The Pro R for its unmatched power and strength. The RZR 200 for its unique blend of performance and safety features. It is the ideal platform for unlocking the excitement of off-roading for the next generation of riders.”
Off Road Xtreme was lucky enough to be invited and on hand for the reveal and celebration.
Polaris Reveals Troy Lee Designs Limited Edition RZR Pro R
Troy Lee Design has influenced and inspired the world of racing with graphics and custom-painted helmets for more than four decades. In the early 1980s, Troy Lee began painting helmets for professional motocross riders. This quickly gave him a world-renowned reputation and status by using bold, vivid colors and design motifs desired by affluent racers spanning all disciplines. The business expanded to a variety of safety and riding products and beyond.
“The RZR Pro R and RZR 200 are both an incredible design canvas. The Pro R has power for days, suspension that delivers a ridiculously smooth ride, and strength to manage anything thrown its way, while the RZR 200 gives the next generation of a rider the confidence to tackle the trails,” said Troy Lee. “It’s truly an honor to design our very own RZR Pro R and RZR 200, the ultimate proof points for Polaris’ engineering prowess and commitment to driving the side-by-side industry forward.”
Now with these new limited editions RZR models, TLD, and Polaris are elevating self-expression for side-by-side drivers who live for the adrenaline rush and excitement of off-roading, whether out in the dunes or on the trails. These new limited-edition runs will be produced in approximately 1,000 units of each model available worldwide. RZR 200 EFI TLD Editions start at $7,499 which seems like a great buy for the young grom. On the other hand, expect to pay a premium for the Pro R TLD Edition fetching $44,999. The 4-seater slides in just under $50,000 but can you really put a price on style?
The 2023 RZR Pro R Troy Lee Designs Edition Main Features:
The RZR Pro R features an industry-leading 2.0L four-cylinder engine that delivers an astonishing 225 horsepower. The welded one-piece roll cage, solid box chassis provides strength, durability, and safety. For reliability, a stronger driveline was incorporated. The adaptive DYNAMIX DV, and Max-Link suspension give the Pro R performance going further and faster than ever.
The Pro R is already at the top of the powersports food chain. Having it decked out makes it that much better. In my opinion, they did a heck of a job with upgrades, color-matching, and the TLD styling really sets off. Considering there are only 1,000 of these units being produced, I just might have to snag one!
Custom Troy Lee Designs® Styling and Graphics
- Exclusive Troy Lee Designs® graphics with electric blue and orange retro-styling, including custom-embroidered seats and limited edition interior identification badging displaying the unit number. Each unit also showcases painted color-matched factory accessories including front and rear bumpers, rock sliders, A-Arms, trailing arms, and springs.
- Coming factory installed, RIDE COMMAND+ delivers all the great features of RIDE COMMAND, including the industry-exclusive 7-inch glove-touch display powered, plus a whole new level of connectivity. The system includes remote vehicle location services, vehicle health monitoring, and over-the-air updates with new feature releases. GPS navigation and waypoints let riders save specific destinations and follow a guided route so they can find their way even outside of cell range.
Rockford Fosgate® Stage 4 H.O. Audio
- Upgraded from the stock Stage 2 audio package, the Rockford Fosgate® Stage 4 H.O. audio system turns it up a notch providing the most demanding rider with an off-road audio experience like no other. Delivering powerful and crystal clear sound through 100W speakers and a 10” 400W subwoofer – the new stainless steel tweeters and rear speaker grills, along with the blue hue backlighting, make the system look as good as it sounds.
Pro Armor 5302 Beadlock Wheels and Maxxis Rampage Fury Tire
- The Pro Armor wheels offer ultra-strong performance and undeniable style with a beadlock ring that seamlessly complements the look and style of this limited edition vehicle, while the 32×10-15 tires provide a maximum amount of tread to grip rocks, sand, and all other terrains with ease, offering optimal performance.
RIGID SR-Series 32” Combo LED Light Bar
- To keep riders out longer and more confidently into the night, the added 32” RIGID light bar features a powerful 20k lumen output and is integrated forward-facing on the roof.
- Long days on the trail require additional supplies. With added Door Storage Bags, riders can keep their belongings secure and easy to access with these seamlessly fitting bags.
Added Strength and Protection
- Equipped with Front and Rear Pre Runner Bumpers and Low-Profile Rock Sliders, these Factory Accessories add additional toughness and protection to the Pro R.
The 2023 RZR 200 EFI Troy Lee Designs Edition Main Features:
Troy Lee Designs has always been inclusive to younger age groups and consistently makes a concerted effort to facilitate the next generation to ride. It is awesome to see the RXR 200 EFI model decked out in the same livery and TLD color theme as it’s bigger and more performance-oriented brethren.
Custom Troy Lee Designs® Styling and Graphics
- Give the next generation of off-roaders the most stylish ride with matching interior and exterior Troy Lee Designs® graphics and painted componentry, including ROPS and springs.
Industry-Leading Safety Technology
- Parents can still expect the same top-of-the-line safety features like RIDE CONTROL powered by RIDE COMMAND, which includes helmet-aware technology, pin code start, digital speed limiting, and geofencing.
- With plenty of ground clearance and suspension travel, the RZR 200 has all the performance necessary to empower young off-roaders to ride confidently and tackle new terrain.
Grow With Polaris
- With a 180cc EFI engine, adjustable seat and steering wheel, and available accessories, this is the perfect vehicle for young riders to grow with their side-by-side.