When it comes to building anything, take it to the extreme is on everyone’s list of to-dos. The end goal of any project is to make sure that it is capable of whatever it is designed to do. In the case of Diesel Power Products‘ 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7-liter Cummins.
A build like this hardly happens overnight, but the team was abe to complete the build in one week. We spoke with Josh Ullrich and got the inside scoop on why they wanted to build such a durable truck. Ullrich said, “We wanted to build a truck that is as capable of working all week and being able to play hard on the weekends.”
“The Nomad Package takes the best of the best components and combines them to offer a full package ready for whatever adventure you can think of,” Ullrich said. The truck has everything you would need on and off-road. New suspension, flares, and bumpers all turned this truck from something dreary to something that would be snapping heads as they saw the truck drive. The upgrades involved cutting the rear fender well to make room for the trucks massive 40-inch tires.
Not only were the products going on the Ram looking good, but they were functional. The first place they took the truck was to Moab, Utah. Moab is known very highly in the off-road world, and holds one of the largest Jeep gatherings every March.
The larger tires created extra ground clearance and they were able to clear all the obstacles on Moab’s difficult trails. The ARB lockers made sure that they would be able to maintain traction on any surface or incline. King Creek stood no chance for the truck and the equipment on it.
We asked Ullrich if there was one thing he has learned in his years of off-roading and he said, “When in doubt, push the skinny pedal.” With no path or gameplan, this Nomad did what it was made for. This Nomad would live up to its name and continue on its path not needing to stay in any one spot for too long.
Check out a full list of parts install in the Nomad Package below, and tell us what you think of this truck in the comments!
Nomad Package Contents:
- AEV 3-inch DualSport SC Suspension
- AEV Premium Stamped Steel Front Bumper
- AEV Stamped Steel Warn Winch Mount
- AEV Front Bumper Frame-Mounted Recovery Brackets
- Nitto 40-inch Trail Grapplers with full-size spare
- AEV Katla 17×10 Wheels
- AEV Front and Rear 40-inch Cut Out Fender Flares
- Powdercoated Factory Rear Bumper
- Baja Designs XL-R 80 Front Bumper LED Lights
- Warn 16.5ti Winch
- Red-Head Steering Gear Box with Hydraulic Assist Ports
- PSC Hydraulic Assist Steering Ram
- Nitro Gear and Axle 4.56 Gears
- AEV Front Differential Cover
- ARB Air Lockers – Front and Rear
- ARB Twin Air Compressor
- ARB One Gallon Aluminum Air Tank
- ARB Compressor Manifold Kit
- ARB Tire Inflation Kits
- ARB Tire Gauge
- ARB Air Down Tool
- AMP Research Power Steps
- sPOD Six Switch Power Distribution Box
- Custom Center Stack Switch Mount
- Truxedo Lo-Pro Tonneau Cover
- Airlift Air Bags
- Daystar Airbag Cradles
- Mac’s Tie Downs Y-Strap and Bed Anchors for Full Size Spare
- WeatherTech Front and Rear Digital Fit Floor Liners
- Custom Nomad Billet Aluminum Badges