OPTIMA Batteries have long been the standard by which other batteries are judged. When the spiral cell technology first appeared, the “six-pack” design was intriguing. Now, however, Optima is adding a new, more traditional-looking battery to its lineup, but the look is the only thing traditional. Enter Lithium.
The new, square Orange top with Hypercore Lithium Technology is the latest OPTIMA battery designed for powersport vehicles. This ready-to-use, vibration-resistant, lithium battery is a lighter-weight option with the power you’ve come to expect from the brand that established the performance battery category.
“We will be releasing six new batteries in the spring of 2023,” says Jim McIlvaine of OPTIMA. “We’ve had a lot of requests from these from guys with motorcycles, but they’ll work in any powersport vehicle, even tractors.”
OPTIMA Lithium Orange Top Battery Technical Specifications
- 7: 3 Ah Capacity, 190A PHCA, 12.8 Voltage, 4.45 x 2.56 x 3.4 Inches, 1.7 lbs.
- 12: 4.5 Ah Capacity, 380A PHCA, 12.8 Voltage, 5.4 x 2.72 x 5.12 Inches, 2.2 lbs.
- 14: 7 Ah Capacity, 420A PHCA, 12.8 Voltage, 5.9 x 2.72 x 5.12 Inches, 3.0 lbs.
- 16: 8 Ah Capacity, 480A PHCA, 12.8 Voltage, 5.9 x 3.43 x 5.7 Inches, 3.6 lbs.
- 20: 9 Ah Capacity, 540A PHCA, 12.8 Voltage, 6.89 x 3.19 x 6.1 Inches, 4.0 lbs.
- 30: 15 Ah Capacity, 800A PHCA, 12.8 Voltage, 6.54 x 4.92 x 6.69 Inches, 7.1 lbs.
The Orange top features quad terminals for easier installation across a wider range of vehicle fitments, plus a microprocessor-controlled battery management system (BMS) that automatically monitors the performance of the battery. The OPTIMA Orange top also has an IP67 rating against dust and water intrusion and comes equipped with the company’s patented OPTIMA Powerlink system.
“In an OE application, you can control the charging. In the aftermarket, you don’t know how people will be charging these batteries, and you don’t know what they’ll be placed in, so you have to build in protection. We have built in some safety factors like our CPR function that will prevent them from being overly discharged. The integrated BMS system will prevent overcharging.
OPTIMA Lithium Orange Top Battery Main Features
- Powerful long-lasting HYPERCORE lithium iron phosphate technology
- Thick bus connections allow the free flow of power from cells to terminal
- Vibration resistant
- Patented POWERLINK for convenient battery control, status, and charging
- The microprocessor-controlled battery management system (BMS) monitors and controls all functions automatically
- The BMS provides a balanced cell state of charge for improved performance and extended life span
- The POWERLINK system controls OPTIMA CPR and battery storage mode to maximize battery health and life
- Quad terminals for more fitments and easy installation
- IP67-rated dust and water intrusion protection
- Optimized to perform in low temperatures
- Lighter weight
- Greater efficiency
- Improved convenience
- Backed by OPTIMA’s legendary safety, durability, and performance record
This game-changing innovation provides a convenient way to control the battery, connect your charger and communicate battery condition. Finally, OPTIMA CPR automatically disconnects your battery from parasitic loads and reserves enough power to start your ride.
With 10 patents currently granted, the Orang top is OPTIMA’s first-ever lithium-ion 12-volt battery. Innovative features include the OPTIMA CPR designed to put an end to dead batteries. The patented POWERLINK system features a proprietary battery control, status, and charging. This new battery is sure to be required fare on any powersports ride. The Orang top battery line covers more than 95% of powersports applications and features quad terminals to maximize fitment and connection of aftermarket accessories. Including Jet Skis!