The SEMA Show is a great opportunity to connect with manufacturers to see when the latest product offering will be going to market. In the case of Bilstein Shock Absorbers, you might have seen Off Road Xtreme reporting about the new Black Hawk UTV Powersports shocks. During SEMA 2022, we spoke with Lexie Meade, Bilstein’s Motorsports marketing intern to see if we could get some inside information.
Lexie shared that the Bilstein Black Hawk UTV shocks will hit distribution in mid to late February of 2022. Showing off one of the first sets was Brian Deegan’s tricked-out Can-Am Maverick which Bilstein had prominently displayed in their booth. Bilstein teamed up with Deegan earlier this year and has been actively promoting the growing partnership since.
While perusing the booth and scoping the awesome Can-Am build, we spotted the Bilstein off-road shock displays. Touted as a major shock upgrade offering race-ready performance, they are designed especially for the UTV market. They are a direct-fit bolt-in replacement. This means the patented two-stage, externally adjustable Zone Control jounce cut-off system is available for the Powersports market starting with 2017 and up Can-Am Maverick X3 UTVs.
Bilstein Black Hawk UTV Shocks Features & Benefits:
- Position Sensitive Damping Zone Control CR includes 3 Compression Zones, 2 Rebound Zones, (JCO) Jounce Cut Off with Internal Hydraulic, Two-Stage Bump Stop, and (RCO) Rebound Cut Off with Internal Hydraulic Rebound Limiter
- 4-Way Adjustable Damping – Dual Speed Compression Adjustable Reservoir (High-Low Speed), Adjustable Internal Hydraulic Bump Stop (JCO), and Adjustable Rebound
- Direct Fit Motorsports Package for Can-Am X3
- All Aluminum construction 2.65-inch Front and 3.0-inch Rear
- Finned Aluminum Reservoir for improved cooling
- Threaded spring seat offers easy ride height adjustments
- Dual Rate Springs with crossover for bottom-out control
- Owner rebuildable and revalveable
- Repair parts readily available
This news is exciting to those who have been waiting for the famed Bilstein Black Hawk to return. Years ago, a similar product made a brief splash in the world of off-road desert racing. Now we can relish that much of the features, construction design, and styling are being implemented into this new UTV-specific product.
Showing off a spectrum of their off-road performance shocks products had me stopped in my tracks. Seeing stuff like this always makes me feel warm and pretty good inside.
The Bilstein booth was vibing with a Unimog, mock campfire, and a bucket of frosty emulsion shocks. Bilstein was awarded a 2022 SEMA Data Excellence Award. If they care this much about the data, just think about how hard they work on the products.