Upgrading the accessory drive on a small- or big-block Chevy usually means scouring the junkyards looking for donor pieces or spending some serious cash for an aftermarket kit. Not anymore. Holley Performance Products introduces its Mid-Mount accessory drives that are now available for your traditional V8 engine. According to Holley, this revolutionary system does what no other accessory-bracket system has done… get rid of the brackets.
The mid-mount style encompasses a complete accessory-drive system and has all the accessories pulled in tighter together than many other accessory drives. At the heart of the system is a “bracket-less” design, in which the accessories bolt directly to the water pump. This definitely makes for a clean, integrated package.
The design offers superb engine visibility to show off your horsepower, not your engine accessories. The Holley-designed alternator is just as innovative. This premium alternator utilizes six-phase technology, like what is found on the C7 Corvette. The water pump also shares its design efficiencies with that of the C7 Corvette. The compact and reliable SD7 A/C compressor and Type II P/S pump with baffled reservoir are also integrated. The water pump design incorporates optional side or top heater ports. The top thermostat bypass and heater ports are recessed into the manifold. If you don’t need them, you don’t see them.
The mid-mount system comes with everything you need, as all accessories are included; the water pump, A/C compressor, alternator, and P/S pump with reservoir. You even get all the pulleys and the belt as well. Fluid connections could be difficult if you’re running the factory parts, so an A/C-line adapter, heater hose adapters, power steering to -6 AN hardline, and the alternator plug/harness are included. Easy assembly was a priority during the development process of this accessory solution.
- The accessory system has all accessories pulled in tighter than other accessory drives.
- Bracket-less accessory mounting with easy assembly
- O-ring seal to the engine
- Hidden thermostat bypass and heater hose ports with NPT line adapters included
- LT1-style alternator
- LT1-style water pump design
- Compact SD7 A/C compressor with line adapter included
- Type-II power-steering pump with baffled reservoir
- P/S adapter hardline to AN -6-adapter included
- OE pulley ratios for optimal accessory performance
- Available in natural and black finishes
- Billet alternator, tensioner, and compressor pulley covers