The Jeep Wrangler is one of the most popular off-road vehicles in recent years. The JK aftermarket has exploded with parts for just about anything you can think of, but the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL parts list is starting to grow before even hitting the showroom.
Extreme Terrain is taking what they have learned from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), and putting together renderings of what the new JL will look like and offer. They have a full page on its website that is dedicated to the improvements and options the new Jeep.
Whether you are looking to find out about the change from steel to aluminum body panels, engine and transmission options, top configuration, interior layout, and even the 2019 Jeep Wrangler pickup truck it is all located on Extreme Terrain’s page.
Some of the main visual differences between the JK and JL Wrangler are in:
- The grille – slanted back on the 2018 model.
- The fender flares – boxier and elongated on the 2018 model.
- The window line – which is sleeker and has a more defined line on the 2018 model.
- The hood – more aggressive, with hood vents and hood bump.
One of our favorite additions to the JL is the upgrade in its drivetrain. Those changes and others include:
- The 300 horsepower, turbo four-cylinder “Hurricane” engine and the possibility of a new diesel engine.
- Differences in the transmission options are explored, including the eight-speed ZF-sourced automatic and the confirmation of a six-speed manual.
- Updates to the interior design and layout.
- The use of aluminum throughout the body to reduce weight and boost fuel economy.
- The new top options that will be a glass top, power soft top, and true three-piece hardtop.
All of these changes are exciting as it will only make one of the best performing off-road vehicles even better. The ability to customize the JK will surely be replicated in the 2018 JL. To keep up today with what is happening with the all new Jeep be sure to check out Extreme Terrain’s page dedicated to the changes.