Toyota has finally launched the much-awaited 2022 Tacoma TRD Pro and Trail Edition models. The company has updated its offerings for the 2022 model year, but the powertrain options of the two models remain unchanged. The 2022 Tacoma Trail Edition is still offered in a crew cab body type, but the pickup truck now gets a 1.1-inch suspension lift at the front and a 0.5-inch lift at the rear.
The Trail Edition also rides on a set of new 16 inch wheels, which sport a bronze finish and are wrapped in Goodyear’s Wrangler Territory all-terrain Kevlar tires. Toyota also offers lockable boxes for bed storage as standard across all Tacoma Trail Editions. The truck is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 motor which produces 278 HP. Customers get the option of selecting between a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
Trail Edition Features:
- 4×4-Only Trail Edition Features 1.1-inch Front and 0.5-inch Rear Suspension Lift
- Added Versatility with Bed Storage, Driver’s Side Storage Doubles as a Cooler
- New Bronze-Finished 16-inch Wheels Fitted with Goodyear Tires
- Heritage-Inspired Grille Added, Touts Unique Bronze-Finished Lettering
- Lunar Rock added to Color Options for 2022
The 2022 Tacoma TRD Pro also gets a suspension update. The Japanese automaker’s performance truck now rides on what Toyota calls TRD-tuned fox internal bypass shocks. The updated suspension setup has been configured to offer better off-road capability. The 2022 TRD Pro gets a 1.5-inch suspension lift at the front and a 0.5-inch lift at the rear.
Like the Trail Edition, TRD Pro also gets a new set of wheels that are wrapped in the same Goodyear Wrangler rubber. The truck also gets an Electric Lime Metallic paint scheme and new TRD decal options. Toyota will announce the pricing off its new Tacoma models in the fall.
TRD Pro Features:
- Increased Suspension Lift Provides 1.5-inch Front Lift, 0.5-inch Rear Lift
- New Forged Aluminum TRD Upper Control Arms Complement Increased Rebound Stroke
- New Wheels, Styling Accents Provide Distinct Appearance
- FOX Internal Bypass Shocks Provide Exceptional Off-Road Performance