Vehicle projects are always interesting. They often start out as a vision and quickly change into something else. For Jordan Davis, his Jeep TJ was a true evolution going through many different versions and concepts. The coolest thing is that this project allowed Jordan to become a self taught metal fabricator. He literally learned everything as he went. The end result is Recoil_TJ; a home built rig that is clean and capable.
Beneath all of the highly intensive labor, it became a fun project that spiraled into something magnificent. Building this machine into a capable off-roader, Jordan taught himself how to weld, fabricate, and craft something special from nothing.
The project allowed for on the job learn as you go fabrication skills.
Even though this was put together entirely in his garage, Jordan’s trail rig is super clean and built to wheel. One of the things that makes this Jeep extra clean is that nearly the entire vehicle is covered in STEEL-IT Stainless Steel Coating. What is STEEL-IT you ask? It is an innovative “Anti-Rust Stainless Steel In A Can” which features a weldable polyurethane coating of custom-engineered, 316L stainless steel micro-flakes. Applying STEEL-IT is akin to spraying, brushing, or rolling on a stainless-steel barrier shield that provides outstanding resistance in aggressive indoor and outdoor environments.
You can follow Jordan Davis and his totally awesome Recoil TJ on Instagram.
VEHICLE SPEC SHEET BUILD LIST
- Magnaflow 18135
- AW4 automatic transmission
- NP231 with Teraflex extreme short SYE
- JK Rubicon Dana 44 Front, Turned inner Cs, 1/4” internal and external sleeves, Artec truss and brackets, 30 spline OX air locker run on C02, 30 spline RCV axles, Alloy ball joints.
- JK Rubicon Dana 44 Rear, Rock Krawler truss, OX 35 spline air locker run on C02, Ten factory 35 axles.
- Adams Driveshaft Front Extreme Duty Solid 1310 CV Driveshaft
- Adams Driveshaft Rear Extreme Duty Solid 1310 CV Driveshaft
- Dodge Ram 2500 Master Cylinder
- Factory JKU pads, calipers, and rotors.
- Teraflex TJ 26in Rear Brake Line Kit
WHEELS & TIRES
- 17×9 Battleborn Bootlegger Beadlocks Wheels
- 40×13.5×17 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MT Tires
- Fox 2.0 16” front Coilovers. Eibach Coils
- Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Coilover Shock
- Rock Jock rear universal Anti-rock kit.
- Rock Krawler 3/4 link long arm kit with 5” front and rear stretch
- Max-Bilt Trailtail Led Taillights
- Rough Country 10” slim front and rear light bars.
- Xprite LED side mirrors
- 100% coated in Steel-It black and gray polyurethane coating
- Custom stubby front bumper built off of the frame
- Relocated steering box and winch between front frame rails
- Motobilt High Line Front 4in Fender Flares – Pair
- Custom front inner fenders
- Poison Spyder Hood Louver Black
- Windshield Guards For The Jeep TJ/LJ
- Motobilt Aluminum Body Tub Armor
- Motobilt Full Length Rocker Guards W/ Step – Bare Steel
- Motobilt Factory Cut Corner Guards, Bare Steel – Pair
- Motobilt Frame Back Half Kit – Bare Steel
- HighRock 4×4 Element Doors, matte finisf
- Poison Spyder Trail Cage Roll Kit Bare Steel
- Poison Spyder Diy Trailgate
- Motobilt JL spare tire delete and tag bount
- Custom steel dash (final rebuilt to be done)
- Custom center console with Swag ammo can and mount
- Mob Armor iPad enclosure
- NRG steering hub and quick release steering wheel
- PRP Seats Daily Driver High Back Seat Black
- PRP 4 Point Harness
- Fusion marine head unit
- Intellitronix universal digital gauge cluster
- Glowshift gauges
- OTRATTW The Switch Guys V-series rocker switches
- Bed Tread front floor liners
- Winters Sidewinder shifter
- JB Customs transfer case shifter
- Custom Shift Handle
- Custom 20 Gallon aluminum fuel cell with Motobilt fuel ring
- Custom rear tub cut and raised for tire clearance
- Custom tailgate storage box
- Custom Tool Kit with fabricated enclosure built-in
- Rear mount 4500 winch below tub between frame rails