Off Road Xtreme just published an Event Alert for the Overland Expo Mountain West taking place in Loveland, Colorado. Over the past few years the event has been known to attract high-end off road vehicle reveals and even a few OEM auto manufacturers have participated in different capacities. This year GMC made the announcement that they are a proud sponsor of all three Overland Expos in 2021. To support their passion for purpose built vehicles, they have just unveiled a totally decked out GMC Canyon AT4 Concept vehicle dubbed OVRLANDX.
The new Canyon AT4 mid sized off-road ready pickup is an ideal platform to build out an overland style 4×4 capable camping vehicle. The OVRLANDX concept perfectly demonstrates how the Canyon could be customized for overlanding enthusiasts with an assortment of necessary gear and equipment.
GMC Canyon AT4 OVRLANDX Equipment Features:
- AEV rear off-road bumper
- Stainless steel truck bed cap
- Roof-mounted tent
- 270-degree awning
- Jerry cans for gasoline and water
- Traction boards
- Off-road jack and mount
- Cooler and kitchenette
- Truck bed storage with drawer system
- Solar panel
- Spare tire swivel mount so a spare tire can be kept on the back of the truck and swivel out of the way of the tailgate when bed access is needed
- Limb Risers for protecting the windshield from low-hanging branches
“The Canyon AT4 OVRLANDX concept truck was designed to balance functionality with aesthetics. When you are overlanding, capability is an important factor, but doing it with premium style and comfort elevates the experience even further for customers who truly want zero compromises,” said John Owens, lead creative designer for the concept truck.
Powered by GMC’s 3.6L V-6 engine, the Canyon AT4 utilizes an eight-speed automatic transmission. The concept truck looks extremely capable and ready to explore any rugged terrain it would encounter. Handling a variety of obstacles would be easily traversed with the 27.7-degree approach angle and a ground clearance of 10.0 inches. Fording up to 32.1 inches of water is made possible with 33-inch BFGoodrich KM3 Mud-Terrain tires on 17-inch AEV Crestone wheels and a custom-tailored snorkel to allow for filtered and cooler air intake.
GMC Canyon AT4 Factory Features:
- Factory-lifted, wide off-road chassis with enhanced underbody coverage
- Off-road rocker panel protectors
- Cast-iron control arms
- Heavy-duty front bumper with winch
- Integrated front recovery points
- Front and rear electronic locking differentials
- Wheel flares with integrated task lamps
- Multimatic DSSVTM dampers
Off Road Xtreme is super excited to see the concept AT4 OVRLANDX transform the Canyon into a next level off-roader. Seeing the OEM’s effort to make moves and go hard into the off-road market should yield significant market share in the future mid-sized truck sales. In fact GMC reports since adding the AT4 over 30 percent of Canyon buyers chose the upgraded performance package.