At his point, the GT Tuner from Bully Dog has been around for a hot minute. In our opinion, that is a good thing. Combining the capabilities of an engine tuner with the practicality of a digital gauge cluster and a diagnostic device has made Bully Dog’s all-in-one apparatus a massive hit with consumers.
Late-model RAM 2500 and 3500 owners will find that Bully Dog’s claim that its GT Tuner “dramatically improves performance” is indeed spot on, with each vehicle model receiving its own unique power gain figures.
But before we get to the dyno side of the story, here’s a handy little side note worth remembering. Bully Dog’s GT Diesel Tuner & Monitor allows operators to peruse over fifteen different vehicle parameters via its LCD display. Additionally, the brand’s patent-pending “Driving Coach” feature offers tips in real-time for increased fuel gains between fill-ups.
What Does The Bully Dog GT Tuner Really Do?
Some other features worth noting include this tuner’s ability to read and erase diagnostic codes. Obviously, that is super handy in even bone stock trucks. There is also Bully Dog’s very own performance testing feature. This system registers vehicle horsepower and torque, providing those looking to test their retuned rig on the drag strip an opportunity to do so safely and accurately.
So how much of a power increase can 6.7 liter Cummins engine owners expect to see from one of Bully Dog’s on-the-fly tunes? More than you might think.
The Bully Dog GT Diesel Tuner for 2018 – 2021 Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins consistently produces:
- +47 HP and +130 TQ in 2018 RAM trucks
- +49 HP and +77 TQ in 2019 RAM trucks
- +58 HP and +66 TQ in 2020 – 2021 RAM trucks
Bully Dog GT Platinum Diesel Tuner Key Features:
- Mandatory Bypass Cable For 2018-2021 Cummins 6.7L RAM 2500 and 3500 trucks
- On-the-fly power level adjustment
- Four different pre-selected power levels
- Free internet updates and upgrades
- Full color display for monitoring and displaying vehicle parameters (PIDs)
- User set daytime and nighttime driving modes
- De-fuel based on user set safety parameters
- Read & Erase diagnostic code scanner
- Speedometer correction for increased tire size
- Instant fuel economy and trip fuel economy monitor
- Patent Pending Bully Dog “Driving Coach” feature
As for performance gauge functions, users will find that they can monitor:
- Real time fuel economy
- Average fuel economy
- Trip fuel economy
- Coolant temperature
- Engine RPM
- Timing position
- Air intake temperature
- Mass Air Flow (grams/sec.)
- Throttle position %
- Transmission temperature
- Exhaust gas temperatures (2 locations)
- Turbo boost pressure
- Injection control pressure (ICP)
Furthermore, this kit relies upon an ultra easy installation process, with average install times ranging anywhere from 20-40 minutes.
Not a RAM Cummins 6.7 liter truck owner, but looking to get your gloves on a Triple Dog GT Platinum Diesel unit? Bully Dog offers a wide variety of tuning solutions for late model diesel pickups from Ford and GM as well, so be sure to check out the Bully Dog website for more details.