Every year I look forward to taking a peek at various concept vehicles as they are revealed by the auto manufacturers. I have seen more than a few up-close at the SEMA show, national auto shows, and even some in a car museum. This year I am particularly excited for the reveal of Jeep‘s 2022 Concept Vehicles at Easter Jeep Safari.
As your Off Road Xtreme Editor, I have never been to EJS, or Moab for that matter. It has been a bucket list item for me and I will be on sight in just a few hours as I am writing this now. I would not be taking care of the ORX audience if I did not share what Jeep has released regarding their batch of special concepts for this year’s event.
Jeep’s 2022 Concept Vehicles
My favorite of the bunch would have to be the Jeep Bob Concept. This highly customized terrain-tackling SUV morphs a Gladiator and a Wrangler together. The result is an open-air freedom-loving Jeep that can take on everything.
Jeep Bob Concept
Based on a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, the most noticeable traits of this truck are not what’s on it, but rather what’s missing. All four doors and B-pillars have been removed for the ultimate open-air freedom. Additionally, a customized hardtop has been perforated and a canvas top has been stretched over top to provide shelter from the elements while allowing natural light through.
Jeep Bob Concept Vehicle Attributes:
- high clearance flares
- 3-inch lift with custom off-road suspension components
- Dynatrac Pro-Rock 60 axles
- King Coils and Bypass shocks
- 40-inch tires
- 20-inch beadlock wheels
Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept
Next on my list is the Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept. In my opinion Jeep made this one to perhaps sell a potential limited edition ride that enthusiasts could order. How cool would it be to own a concept vehicle turned full production!
The Rubicon 20th Anniversary concept, based on the quickest, most powerful Wrangler yet – the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392.
The modified four-door Wrangler Rubicon 392 sets the benchmark for performance and capability with its 6.4-liter V-8 engine, customized exterior and stunning interior. Never losing focus on the original Rubicon framework, this model has always been something special.
Jeep Rubicon 20th Anniversary Concept Vehicle Attributes:
- Active dual-mode performance exhaust
- Performance hood with center scoop
- Custom-built half doors
- Sky One-touch powertop with removable side panels for open-air freedom
- Matte Granite Crystal exterior vinyl wrap
- Gold tow hooks and badging
- Rubicon 20th anniversary hood decal, American flag fender decal
- Mopar swing gate air compressor
- JPP 2-inch lift kit
- 17-inch Mopar beadlock-capable wheels
- 37-inch mud-terrain tires
- Steel bumpers and hoop
- Warn winch
- Steel belly pan
Jeep Wrangler Magneto 2.0 Concept
A spin off of the original Jeep Wrangler Magneto Concept Vehicle from 2021, Magneto 2.0 is dedicated to the Jeep Wrangler’s heritage. This unit can go anywhere and do anything while demonstrating true zero emissions. The exciting part of this is the peak amperage doubled to 600 amps delivers up to 850 lb.-ft. of peak torque to the wheels and 625 horsepower.
12 inches was added to the wheelbase of the two-door Wrangler body style to give the Magneto 2.0 proportions similar to the “LJ” Wrangler Unlimited from 2004-06.
Jeep Wrangler Magneto 2.0 Concept Vehicle Attributes:
- Custom-built axial flux electric motor that operates up to 5,250 rpm
- Six-speed manual transmission for ultimate control over the propulsion system
- Four lithium-ion battery packs for a combined power of 70 kW/h, running an 800-volt system
- An inverter derived from race cars converts DC power to AC for the high-tech motor
- Peak amperage for up to 10 seconds lets the Magneto 2.0 bolt from 0-60 mph in 2 seconds
- First gear 3.36 ratio
- Rubicon’s Rock-Trac transfer case
- Custom 3-inch lift kit
- 40-inch off-road tires
- 20-inch wheels
- Dynatrac 60 Pro-Rock front axle
- Pro-Rock Dynatrac 80 rear axle with a 5.38 ratio
- Lockers for both axles
- Custom driveshaft
- Custom lightweight bumpers
- Carbon-fiber wheel flares
- Surf Blue paint
- Custom carbon-fiber B-pillar
- Custom bikini top
- Carbon-fiber hood
Jeep ’41 Concept
Now this is pretty cool! I am a super fan of any military vehicles, both historic or modern, and also the stuff that mimics military vehicles. Jeep is widely known for their original Willys MB built for the U.S. Army back at the front of WWII. This Jeep ’41 Concept honors that vehicle and the legendary 4×4 capability that carried our soldiers in theater.
The retro Willys concept heading to Easter Jeep Safari this year blends military grit and determination with modern technology.
Jeep ’41 Concept Vehicle Attributes:
- Olive D.R.A.B. ‘41 matte green finish
- Custom stenciled graphics package
- Black powder-coated steel bumpers
- Accent-colored tow hooks
- Warn winch
- JPP bumper hoop
- JPP half doors offer
- Retro shifter with a customized shifter cap
- Canvas-covered seats that feature digital camo inserts and Serafil 1043 stitching
- Tan soft-top
- Rhino-lined heavy texture floor in D.R.A.B. ‘41 matte green
- Instrument panel inserts are also painted D.R.A.B. ‘41 matte green
- Gauge clusters features a custom Willys retro graphic
- JPP 2-inch lift kit
- 35-inch mud-terrain tires
- 17-inch Fifteen52 wheels painted in D.R.A.B. ‘41 matte green
These were our preferred favorites from Jeep’s 2022 Concept Vehicles. Honestly I cannot wait to see them in person. Maybe someday they might bring some of these to life so I can drive them too. Until then we will dream and drool.
If you have not seen Jeep’s 2021 Concept Vehicles, take a quick look here.