The dry air and climate of South America over the past couple of decades has sent the United States some of the most well preserved classic trucks and SUVs the States have ever seen. And now another is set to make its way into the US. Our friends at Hemmings recently brought us this amazingly well restored Nissan Patrol LG-60 that arrived back in the states this April coming from Columbia.
The Nissan Patrol was a direct competitor to the Toyota Land Cruiser medium wheelbase models. This particular Patrol is was nicknamed Indigo by the current owner for its smokey blue paint that contrasts with the new black soft top. Under the hood you’ll find a Nissan 4.0 liter straight six with a 3-speed transmission that sends power to the 4.10 gears.
The story goes with this truck is that the previous owner was a commercial airline pilot and classic car enthusiast who had the truck for over eight years. He also performed a fairly extensive restoration that saw the engine rebuilt, a repainting, and a new top and custom roll bar. Fast forward to last month and the newest owner has picked up the restoration, and over a five week period performed another restoration that saw the following updates made:
- Five new Maxxis Big Horn Mud Terrain tires on original 16-inch rims
- Four new Tokico shocks plus a steering stabilizer
- New power brake booster adapted to the truck
- Rebuilt power steering from an 80 Series Toyota Land Cruiser
- Relocated new battery back to the original under-seat storage location
- Oil and oil filter change
- Four brand new drum brakes
- Complete overhaul of driveline including new birfields, new AVM manual locking hubs, new wheel hubs, new gaskets/grease/fluids in the axles, transfer case and transmission
- New exhaust system with period correct muffler
- Dent removal
- Paint touch up
- Three-stage Meguiars polish
- New tail lamps and other details.
The write-up from Hemmings must have worked as the listing is no longer posted on its website. So congrat’s to the new owner, but now we leave it up to you, the reader. Do you find this ’79 Nissan Patrol LG-60 a bargain at $39,900 or is it a tad overpriced? Leave us a comment below with your thoughts on this awesome ride.