The 2015 Colorado crew cab and extended cab took the top two spots on this months list. The Colorado comes with either a 2.5L 4 cylinder motor or the 3.6L 6 cylinder. The truck comes with a manual transmission or optional 6-speed automatic transmission. The mid-size Colorado continues to lead the way for the mid-sizes in a truck market that is usually controlled by the full-size.
The Colorado was able to hold off the Ford F150 for another month. The F150 regular cab did jump the F150 three spots back into the top 5 fastest selling trucks, but having the regular cab making the list after not appearing on it last months. The crew cab Ford F150 made the list all the way down at number nine.
The only other full-size trucks to make the list where they 2015 Toyota Tundra CrewMax and they 2015 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali crew cab. The fastest selling list was split down the middle with five mid-size and full-size making the list.
Looking at the brands that made the list 40% of the list was Chevrolet/GMC, 40% Toyota, and then 20% of the fastest selling trucks where Ford. When you look at the trucks that made the slowest-selling that percentage is drastically different. On the slowest selling list, 70% of the list was Chevrolet/GMC , while only 20% went to Ford and 10% to Ram.
The slowest selling pickup list was made up of three-quarter and one ton trucks with the only half-ton truck on the list being the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 crew cab. The Silverado took more than triple the time to sell compared to the number ten fastest selling truck.
Having the Silverado 1500 on the slowest list could make sense as to why the Colorado is number one on the fastest selling trucks. More of Chevrolets market may be leaning more towards the mid-size market.
The slowest selling truck for the month of June was they 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD extended cab. The Silverado 2500 had an average of 121 days before it would sell, over eight times the time it took to see the Colorado.
One thing to take note of and something that we can not over look is how well the Toyota trucks are doing. In a truck market usually dominated by the Big 3 American brands, Toyota seems to have made their mark on the market. Both their mid-size and full-size pickups made the fastest selling list, something that no other brand can say.
We will have to keep an eye on the list through the end of the year to see if the mid-size trend continues but for the time being the mid-sizes are surely giving the full-size a run for their money.
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado crew cab, 14 days on sale
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado extended cab, 20 days
- 2015 Ford F-150 regular cab, 23
- 2015 GMC Canyon crew cab, 23
- 2015 Toyota Tacoma extended cab, 23
- 2015 Toyota Tacoma crew cab, 23
- 2015 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali crew cab, 27
- 2015 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 27
- 2015 Ford F-150 crew cab, 30
- 2015 Toyota Tundra crew cab, 30
- 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD extended cab, 121 days on sale
- 2015 GMC Sierra 2500 HD extended cab, 103 days
- 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD regular cab, 96
- 2015 GMC Sierra 3500 HD regular cab, 94
- 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 crew cab, 92
- 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD regular cab, 87
- 2015 Ram 3500 HD crew cab, 86
- 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD crew cab, 86
- 2015 Ford F-350 crew cab, 84
- 2015 Ford F-250 regular cab, 81