If you are a regular reader of Off Road Xtreme, you might recall our recent article highlighting Superchips Dashpaq + devices. You might also remember us briefly touching on the products they offer specifically designed for Jeep vehicles. We promised another feature diving into Superchips Jeep products and here we have it.
Just about every Jeep owner out there may customize or personalize their vehicle in some way. That would typically include performance modifications and off-road accessories. Most of the Superchips devices like the tuners and calibrators allow Jeep owners to program and control the vehicle and accessories. And then there are the Superchips performance products themselves such as exhaust kits and Jammer cold air intake systems. They even have off-road auxiliary Lit LED Lighting options that are easily integrated and controllable with the devices.
Jeep Products For Every Jeep And Jeep Owner!
Most notable in the Superchips Jeep products are the tuning and calibration devices. With all of these similar products that essentially do some of the same things, how can one determine which products are most appropriate for them? It really comes down to the individual preferences, mission purpose, and budget.
Superchips TrailDash unit is the premium tuner and monitoring device for Superchips Jeep products. The TrailDash2 model was the flagship device in the Jeep lineup, and is being phased out to be replaced by the TrailDash3. Transitioning onto a more technologically advanced platform, the TrailDash3 acts as the ultimate in-cab performance tuning & monitoring device for a Jeep. As the central command center for any technically advanced 2015 and up Jeep, the TrailDash requires a PCM unlock. This is accomplished through Superchips’ very painless and easy PCM swap process. The rapid process that Superchips has dialed in is done with minimal downtime for customer convenience.
Besides the vehicle customization & control features, our favorite function on the TrailDash unit is the ability to easily control an array of functions with this all in one, on-dash device. Switch on LED Lighting equipment, engage front & rear axle lockers, disconnect swaybars, pairing up on-board camera systems to display video, the display of vehicle pitch and roll attitude; it truly does it all.
- Slim, Sleek Case Design
- 5” Full–Color, High-Resolution, Swipe Screen
- Custom Color Mixer for Gauge Arcs, Needles, and Backgrounds
- Multiple Gauge Screen Layouts
- New switch panel screen to control EAS Power Switches
- Fully Customizable Backgrounds
- HDMI Style Plug for Power and Linking EAS Accessories
- One-Touch Easy Menu Navigation Notification Center
- Auto Start/Stop (JL Only)
New and improved TrailDash3
Jacob White, Product Manager for Superchips, shared with Off Road Xtreme some of the improvements that were made. “For Rubicon owners, the CRAWL screen can make the off-road experience way better through the unlocking of certain vehicle functions. TrailDash3 allows the rear locker to be engaged when in 2-wheel-drive and running up to 55 miles per hour. Front/Rear lockers can be engaged in 4-low or 4-high at speeds up to 55 miles per hour. And the swaybar can stay disconnected up to speed as well. The factory jeep limits all of these functions to 4-low only and restricted to under 25. So this is huge for guys on trails and in the sand makes for a much more fun and capable off-roader.”
- Built in Wi-Fi allows for easier updates. The device no longer needs to plug into a desktop for updates.
- The all-new case design is sleeker with a higher resolution monitor and offers better viewing regardless of lighting.
- A true edge to edge screen swipe technology, similar to the latest smartphones.
- Faster processor inside means quicker tune downloads and faster touchscreen response times.
- Device boots up directly to monitoring in 2-3 seconds after key on.
- All-new CRAWL screen offers quick access to popular off-road features (TPMS disable, engine idle up, rock lock, line lock, rear axle lock, all axle lock, brake locks, swaybar disconnect).
“The engine/trans tuning has also been modified to adjust Jeep’s crazy torque management that kills power when in 4-low. With the TrailDash3, you’ll have substantially more power when off-roading, when you need it the most.”
It sounds like the new TrailDash3 is majorly improved in every way possible and we cannot wait to get our hands on one to test out. Stay tuned for more on that, but until then let us keep going down the line.
Superchips Flashpaq for Jeep is a handheld performance programmer that can offer power gains of up to 30 horsepower & 37 foot pounds of torque. Available for Jeep models TJ, XJ, LJ, XK, WK, JK, JL, and JT ranging from 1998 – 2021, the Flashpaq is the “people’s champ when it comes to Jeep tuning” according to White. Again, like the TrailDash, any 2015 and newer Jeep will require a PCM swap to unlock the extensive set of customizing features and pre-loaded tunes.
- TPMS on/off
- Speedometer correction for aftermarket tires & gears
- Control Rubicon Lockers in 4 Hi
- Read & clear trouble codes
- Tuning optimized for towing, economy, performance, and crawling
- Improved shifting, less downshifting on the highway
- Improved mileage potential
- Auto Start-Stop Disable(JL/JT Only)
Superchips Flashcal for Jeep is an easy to use, easy to install, basic tire and gear calibration tool. The entry level device was not specifically designed as a tuner but it is loaded with features that can benefit vehicle performance on and off the road. Most interesting is that the Flashcal can be upgraded on the Superchips website and virtually add tuning to become a Flashpaq right from your home computer. There are different units specific to the JK, JL, and JT.
Flashcal JL & JT Features:
- Tire Size Adjustment: 25” – 40”
- TPMS On/Off (Remove Dash Screen)
- Gear Ratio Adjustment: 2.73, 3.07, 3.21, 3.55, 3.73, 4.10, 4.56, 4.88, 5.13, 5.38
- Transfer Case Low: 2.72, 3.00, 3.80, 4.00, 4.10, 4.30, 5.00
- Sway Bar Disconnect in 2HI (up to 25 MPH, disconnects sway bar)
- One Touch Lane Change On/Off
- Fog Light Dropout On/Off
- Daytime Running Light Dropout On/Off
- Auto Park On/Off (live feature)
- Auto Start/Stop (refer to user manual)
- Reads & Clears Diagnostic Trouble Codes
- Daytime Running Light Location
While some do it all like the TrailDash, a unit such as the Pulsar for Jeep is a basic level device designed for on-the-fly power, calibration, and throttle response. Tapping up to an additional 30 horsepower, this inline module connects directly to your factory computer without removal or swapping your OEM PCM. Pulsar’s main benefits include access to pre-calibrated power levels, tire and gear change calibration options and instant throttle response all with just the push of a few buttons directly from the driver’s seat.
- Pulsar adds power instantly with no PCM swap required
- Install is simple and straightforward and does not leave you with any extended downtime
- Offers shift-on-the-fly performance programming
- Pulsar serves as 3 products in 1 – throttle booster, calibration tool, and programmer
Superchips Amp’d 2.0 Throttle Booster takes your pedal sensitivity control wireless. This specialized device decreases pedal lag and delivers immediate improvement with pedal response. Easily installed with a simple plug-and-play design using the vehicles’ factory pedal connection, the Throttle Booster is an incredibly simple solution aimed to give the driver total control over the driving experience.
Amp’d 2.0 Throttle Booster Features:
- Sleek Wireless Control Switch
- All-new App for Total Control of Your Driving Experience
- Removes Factory Pedal Lag
- Faster Acceleration from a stop, and throughout the RPM band
- Optimize driving in town and on the highway
- App is Android/IOS Compatible
- 5 Pre-Set Levels
- Create and Save Your Own Pedal Maps
- Available for Hundreds of Vehicle Applications Jeep, Ram, Ford, GM. Cars, Trucks, and SUV’s
- Gas and Diesel Coverage
- Incredible results when paired with our Flashpaq, Dashpaq, Dasphaq+ and Trail Dash tuning devices
There Is Something For Everyone!
As you can see, starting with the TJ & JK, and now the JL & JT models, Superchips has Jeep owners covered. We hope this breakdown of each of these Superchips Jeep products helps owners get a firm grasp on what these things are supposed to do. Better yet, we want you guys to have more control over your vehicle customizations and performance. After all, it is really about enjoying these rigs and taking them out for more fun on the trail anyways.