Since 1906 Recaro has been a name sake in continuous innovation. In 1963, the company became a seat specialist and soon after developed their first specialized racing seat. Ever since, they have provided cutting edge solutions and groundbreaking technology to make automobiles and motorsports safer. Now Recaro Automotive has showcased two off-road specific seats for adventure and competition at the 2021 SEMA Show.
Recaro Pro Racer SPG XL ORV Features:
The Pro Racer SPG XL ORV is ergonomically designed to provide outstanding support and protection for the occupants. This competition-rated seat is FIA certified and preserves against severe force impact to the neck and back.
- First-ever FIA certified Recaro Off-Road racing shell
- Compatible for use with HANS Systems and 4-, 5-, 6-point harnesses
- Shock absorbent foam with highly flame-retardant upholstery (FMVSS 302)
- Seat shell glass fiber reinforced polymer (GFRP)
- Energy-absorbing ENRg+ performance foam
Recaro Cross Sportster ORV Features:
The Cross Sportster ORV addresses most common and practical off-road requirements. The effective vibration-damping foam and durable cover materials will make any off-road enthusiast’s time on the trail more enjoyable.
- Highly flame-retardant upholstery
- Special lateral support in the backrest
- Formed shoulder support
- Dynamic ride performance in a slim design
- Manual backrest adjustment
Off Road Xtreme noted a rather high MSRP price point for both of the Recaro seat options. Based on the hands-on experience and the product’s fit and finish, I would say these are premium top-shelf seats that will upgrade any ride. With over 110 years in the manufacturing field of high-end automotive interiors, you can feel and see the craftsmanship.