Joe Muldoon and his team from The Land Cruiser Shop were beaming with pride and shared all of the craftsmanship that went into building this awesome vintage 4×4.
We started with a clean bone stock 1978 FJ40. It was a local truck owned by the same Lady, for over thirty years. She drove it back and forth to college in the 80’s. The truck was garage kept, and only used in the summer to pick Huckleberries after she graduated college and began her career.
Main Features of The LandCruiser Shop FJ40 Back Country Build
- FiTech fuel injection
- Terrain Tamer rebuilt factory axles
- ARB Lockers
- Warn locking hubs
- Warn 8274 winch
- ARB Old Man Emu 2.5 inch lift
- Tom Woods drivelines
- CXRacing Stainless header
- Scheel-Mann Orthopedic Automotive Seats
- Matching Scheel-Mann wrapped dash, knee bolsters, door cards, headliner, and rear jump seats
- Vintage Air
- Dakota digital gauges
- Pioneer, and Kenwood sound components
- Square weave custom carpet and floor mats
- American Autowire severe-duty harness
- Cooper STT Pro 285/75/16 Tires
The LandCruiser Shop Is All About The Details
The truck was completely rewired using an American Autowire extreme duty harness, installed by our shop. The truck was completely disassembled, everything was media blasted, primed with epoxy, repaired where needed, and painted with Lusid Technologies Northstar urethane paint.
We’re really proud of this build and we all put our heads together to really think about what made the most sense to keep it original while bringing in a modern feel to the rig.