New from ICON – the 2007+ Toyota Tundra Rear Hydraulic Bump Stop System. This bump stop is designed to take the off-road capability of the truck to new levels. See more details below.
The 2007-UP Toyota Tundra is an awesome truck considering the powerful 5.7 liter drivetrain option, sturdy body-on-frame construction, and the Toyota reputation for performance and reliability. The big Toyota pickup can quite easily become a serious off-roader when equipped with the proper combination of aftermarket parts to realize the wheel travel that the vehicle is capable of. For years, a Tundra with an ICON upper control arm, 2.5 coilovers, and ICON rear shocks could easily exceed the capabilities of any slightly modified “stock” truck out there. More recently, however, new contenders in the pickup truck segment have raised the bar for what’s to be expected from a truck with little to no modification once off the dealer’s lot. Realizing this, ICON is proud to announce the release of our new rear hydraulic bump stop system for the 2007-UP Tundra.
While the factory rear bump stops do a satisfactory job of absorbing impacts on a street driven truck, ICON found that there was much room for improvement during spirited driving in rough, off-road terrain. The ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2007-UP Toyota Tundra Rear Hydraulic Bump Stop System was designed to take the off-road capability of the truck to new levels by significantly improving the bottom-out control of the rear suspension and reducing rear end kick. Like all ICON hydraulic bumps stops, these feature both velocity and position sensitive technology which means that as the shaft speed increases and moves through the travel, the force increases exponentially to provide excellent bottoming resistance that won’t negatively affect articulation.
This hydraulic bump stop system was developed as an OEM replacement, making installation a simple and straightforward bolt-on affair. With no major cutting, welding, or fabrication required you have the option to return the vehicle back to its stock form. The factory rubber bump stops have a limited energy absorption capacity and a rapid release of this energy upon rebound – This translates into a harsh ride and poor handling in rough terrain. ICON hydraulic bump stops absorb and release this energy in a much more controlled manner due to the digressive rebound piston valving, resulting in predictable handling and vehicle dynamics.
- 2.5” travel bump stop reduces rear end ‘kick’ and improves overall performance
- Position sensitive technology exponentially increases bottom-out resistance
- Vehicle specific bump stop tune to provide smooth engagement and best ride quality
- Direct bolt-in to OEM bump stop location makes for an easy and straightforward install
- Fully reversible to factory configuration with no cutting holes in bed required
- Heavy duty 1 ¼” CNC machined nitro steel shaft
- Multi stage CAD plated body for maximum corrosion resistance
- Double sealed high pressure Schrader valve
- Operating range of 50 – 250 PSI
- Replaceable noise reducing striker pad
- Fully serviceable
- “ICON 1K” tested under rigorous off-road conditions to validate tune, performance, strength, and durability
- Made in the USA